Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Power of "Her"

So I've been having this new-onset tooth sensitivity to cold water for a couple of weeks and decided that a trip to the dentist was in order. Also, I felt it was a great time to go get those Mark and Spencer's stilleto boots which were on sale at RM69 (Normal price RM200+).

But primarily for the former. Or so I tell myself.

The highlight of the day? One simple word:

"Her"

Now, I've been called "Miss" more often than not (including the time I was in guy mode in the guy's toilet changing my daughter's diapers) so it's something I'm pretty used to.

But to actually hear somebody refer to me in the third-person using a female pronoun - well, it was a powerful moment. It's like, a benchmark has been reached. An achievement unlocked.

I guess that this is the whole point of the Greater Trans movement to enforce the use of proper pronouns. I understand the power of pronouns now.

And yes, I bought them heels. And yes, I'm still too stupid to realize that if they hurt a bit when you're trying them in the store, they will hurt a whole lot more when you're actually wearing them. Sigh... :(

1 comment: