Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Suicide Squad

Well, in the end I didn't indulge in anything criminally insane, but I did spend an hour editing a scientific proposal, which would count.

I'm more of a Marvel girl, but DC does have its moments. Like the multiple repeats of Batman Begins. And Lego Batman.

And Harley Quinn.

There's something exciting about getting into the mind of Dr Harleen Quinzel. Or at the very least, putting up my hair in twin ponytails like Harley. The excitement that stems from the fact that she is completely unhinged and it's exciting to imagine myself as being unhinged and unfettered by social convention as well.

Oh, and listening to Eminem on the walkman helps too.

So I got to watch Suicide Squad today. I suppose DC was trying to pull a Guardian, but didn't quite work out. (SPOILERS!) I mean, the entire story was about Suicide Squad clearing up a mess made by Amanda Waller, which never would have occurred if she didn't form the Suicide Squad in the first place. (Already got a feeling what HISHE is gonna do...)

It was an ok movie. Not Guardian-good; but ok to watch on a boring Wednesday morning after editing scientific proposals. Oh, Guardians had Nyota, so it's completely unfair to compare Guardians and Suicide Squad. :P

Damn, I suck at writing reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment